Thursday 19 December 2013

Christmas Tag



Aloha!

Okay so I know this post is pretty predictable across the wonderful world of blogging but hey, it's Christmas! Also, as you can see I have changed the font of my posts simply because I realised that my last font wasn't very clear so hopefully this is a good improvement. 

What is your favorite Christmas movie?
I have to say as much as I enjoy 'Home  Alone', 'The Grinch', 'Elf' and the rest, my all time favorite Christmas movie is 'It's a Wonderful Life'. Every year on Christmas day me and my family flomp on the sofa, belly's full from Christmas dinner to watch it. It's such a profound film that really delivers the true meaning of Christmas (for me anyway) and makes you appreciate those around you. That's what Christmas is about right? Spending time with family. And although it's now been enhanced with colour we still commit to watching it in black and white! 

Do you stay in your PJ's or dress up for Christmas?
I usually end up with a weird combination of clothing and accessories just because I want to wear everything I received. For example Christmas pajama bottoms, new shoes (that I got for Christmas) a glitzy top and a woolly hat. I don't know either, the way I see it it's the one occasion where there are no rules against what you choose to wear. 


Do you and your family open gifts on Christmas eve or on Christmas day?
It changes slightly every year depending on how excited everyone is being. I have quite a big family so the present opening is spread out. Usually me and my boyfriend and some friends open our presents from each other early. Then on Christmas day me and my siblings will open our stocking in the morning and then have our main presents after dinner, along with presents from/ for my Nan and Grandad. Boxing day is usually the day of seeing Uncles and Aunts etc so we give/ receive presents then too. Note: it's not all about the presents!



Favorite holiday song?
I have to admit I'm one of those annoying people that listens to Christmas songs every day up until Christmas so it's really hard to pick a fav. In my top 3 probably Mistletoe Jam- Luther Vandross, Oh Holy Night- Mariah Carey, Fairytail of New York- The Pogues. 

Favorite Christmas meal or treat?
Other than a traditional Christmas roast it HAS to be marzipan. I know a lot of people think it's gross and really bad for you but I absolutely love it (especially if it's covered in chocolate) I can sit there and eat a whole block. I also love the fact that I can live on Christmas Turkey left overs for a whole week. 

What happens on a typical Christmas eve in your house? 
I don't think we really have a routine, usually my mum or someone will be making mince pies or something but the only consistent thing we do is me and my 2 sisters pull out the sofa bed and sleep in the lounge together. Oh! and of course my sister puts out a carrot and a mince pie out for Santa & Rudolf (she's 6)

Does it snow where you live?
I live in the South so it's naturally warmer and we don't often get snow but when we do it's usually in January.

Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Mine and my boyfriends flat isn't really big enough for a full sized Christmas tree so I bought a cute little 3ft tree. My parents sometimes get a real tree but it's so much hassle (forever hoovering up the needles) and if you've got pets or small children it can be a problem but fake Christmas trees can look just as festive and beautiful! 

Have you done the Christmas tag? Would love to see your answers!

Neeks x



No comments:

Post a Comment