Thursday 26 December 2013

2013 Beauty Favs


Aloha!

Well 2013 is coming to an end so I thought I'd reflect on all of my beauty life savers! There have been many ups and downs, highs and lows, bad times and good times (you get the idea) but these top beauty pics have never failed to support me so I thought I would give them the recognition they deserve and share them with all you beauty fanatics out there!

1) Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover- £2.99 Boots
I must confess I am a bit of an eye make-up junkie and this is the only product that will gently remove my primed eye shadow/ 24 hour gel liner and 3 coats of mascara mix. It gets absolutely everything off in seconds without having to rub my eyes and doesn't leave them red and puffy. 

2) Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor- £4.99 Boots
My hair is very long and fine so prone to combing damage and dry ends. Even after neglecting it with crimping, backcoming, curling, straightening (and the rest) this magic Australian potion brings my long locks back to life, leaving it soft, moisturised and doesn't weigh it down. Seriously I really don't know what I would do without this. 

3) Rimmel London Professional Eyebrow Pencil (Hazel)- £2.99 Boots
Naturally I have practically invisible blonde eyebrows that do no favours in shaping my face. I have had them tinted but it's hard to keep up regular salon trips so I usually only do that in the summer time. However, this eyebrow pencil has been my absolute brow savior and being a light redhead it's hard to find a shade that matches but this brow pencil in 'hazel' is a perfect match and cheap as chips. 

4) Nivea Daily Essentials Express Hydration Primer- £2.99 Savers
I did a review on this primer not long ago click here to have a peak. Thanks to this little pot of wonders my make-up stays put all day long and my skin stays heavenly hydrated . 

5) Salonservices Stippling Brush (403)- £8 ish Sally's Beauty Supplies
This was supposed to be for my uni make-up kit but after trying it out it made it's way into my personal brush wallet. Forget foundation brushes, sponges and fingers THIS is the brush to use to apply your foundation. It buffs the foundation right into the skin and gets in all the nooks and cranny's that an ordinary brush wouldn't reach, leaving you with a light and even complexion.  

6) L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Diamond Hold Hairspray- £6.60 (400ml) Boots
You know how it is, you spend hours in hot rollers and styling your hair for a big night out with the girls. You spray your hair with a generous amount of so called 'strong hold' hair spray and BOOM after an hour in the club the humidity and dancing makes it look like you've just rolled out of bed and pulled on a party dress. Well not with this, this hairspray has got me through hours (and I mean hours) of dancing and getting merry on the dance floor with my friends. Now you can use this and go out knowing that even if you have one too many (we've all been there ladies!) at least your hair will still look fab! 

7) MaxFactor False Lash Effect Mascara- £10.99 Boots
This mascara and I are in a committed 5 year relationship. In those 5 years I have tried to find other mascaras that could be (dare I say it) better but I always come crawling back to my trusty False Lash Effect Mascara. I wouldn't say it actually makes your eyelashes look fake but it naturally lengthens, volumises, curls and fans out all the corners. Plus it has a big fat brush (which I love) and gets right to the roots. 


8) Urban Decay Naked Palette Original- £37 Debenhams  
I'm sure this is on a lot of people's top favs, this palette has got me through every occasion that could have possibly popped up (I'm sure you guys can relate) including a wideee range of.. 

work looks
everyday looks
dinner party looks
hot dates
birthdays
big nights out
trying not to look hungover
trying not to look ill
trying not to look tired
'i'm not wearing any eye make-up' 
day trips
photo shoots
fancy dress
it's raining outside..
breakup make-up
i'm a new woman make-up! 
work do's
gatherings
cinema looks
summertime looks
baby showers
holidays 
christmas

And probably new years eve aswell! Although I am debating on whether or not to use the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette click here for swatches, but I'll save that for another post! 

These are my 2013 beauty favs, what's yours?

Neeks x

No comments:

Post a Comment