Saturday 28 December 2013

NYE Make-Up Look & Tips


Aloha!

New years eve is right round the corner so I thought I'd do a nice and easy make-up look for the occasion. First of all please excuse the bad lighting! The sun is still setting early and I didn't have a chance to do it this morning. This post will mainly be focusing on the eye make-up but feel free to ask anything about the rest of the look. You can easily make this look your own  by adding extra eye liner, changing the lipstick or adding a glam pair of falsies!

 First of all remember to prime prime prime! For me NYE is one of the biggest nights of the year so keeping my eye make-up from smudging and creasing is essential. I used Urban Decay's Primer Potion (Original) and the eye shadow is from Urban Decay's Naked Palette 3. I used 'Darkside' on the lid, 'Blackheart' on the outer corners and 'strange' to highlight under the brows, with a dash on the inner corners and center to brighten those eyes. A lick my trusty Maxfactor False Lash Effect Mascara and you're good to go!

Smudge some black eye liner for a deeper, smokier look. I personally recommend Maybelline's 24h Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner because it glides on like a dream, easy to smudge and lasts forever (just make sure you have a good eye make-up remover). And on the night I'll probs wack on a good pair of falsies for that extra glam factor. 

I find it's best to keep the skin quite glowy, trying to force the matte effect can result in patchy-ness throughout the night. I always use a high-coverage foundation when going out, with some powder and a light bronzer. Urban Decay's All Nighter setting spray is also good for keeping your foundation from melting in the humidity of the party air. If in doubt pop a compact powder in your clutch bag.

I love this eye shadow combo, I think the colours really compliment each other and would go with pretty much any party outfit or complexion. I used one of my favorite lipsticks L'Oreal Color Riche (240 Plum Passion) with a pinky blusher to balance it out and of course, the famous Benefit High Beam on the cheek bones and under the brows to add that extra bit of zing in photos! It catches the light to give a subtle shimmer but won't make you look like an extra disco ball!

Hope you like this look and have a very happy new year! 

What look are you going for NYE?

Neeks x

No comments:

Post a Comment