Wednesday 16 October 2013

Favorite Cleansers & Toners

Aloha!

Firstly I would like to apologize for not writing on here in a while, I have just started university and have been extremely busy (forgive me!) but here is a short post on my favorite cleansers and toners. I will also be putting up some Halloween tutorials soon to make up for neglecting you all! 

Looking after your skin is incredibly important, not only for your own well-being, but also because your skin is the foundation of your make-up. It's your canvas (excuse the cheese) and you wouldn't paint on an old, grubby canvas, therefore cleansing, toning and moistursing is essential. 

When it comes to moisturisers it all depends on your skin type. Is it dry, oily or combination? Today I'm just focusing on my favorite cleansers and toners, but I will do a post on skin types and moisturisers in the near future.

Body Shop Vitamin E Cream Cleanser & Hydrating Toner (£8 each- 200ml)




These are probably my favorites to use. I always find I empty the bottles, and go and buy more! The cleanser is creamy, and removes all of your make-up without feeling to harsh. My skin always feels moisturised afterwards and it just smells clean (no strong perfume-y smells). The toner is almost like a a runny gel, it's quite thick but it glides over the skin beautifully and my skin feels really refreshed and clean afterwards and best of all, both bottles last ages and are great for all skin types. 

Simple Kind to Skin Purifying Cleanser & Soothing Toner (£2.99 each 200ml)


These are what I usually go out and buy if I've run out and I'm short on money that month! They are really easy to find and popular to most people as they are known for having no harsh chemicals or perfumes in them. I like them because they do the job! They take your make-up off and after toning, you feel refreshed. However, they don't make a huge improvement to your skin in general (well not mine anyway- combination/ spot-prone skin) never the less, they are a good product for the price you are paying and a client is unlikely to react to these products as they are free from harsh chemicals, 100% alcohol free and free from perfumes. 


Dermalogica Ultra-Calming Cleanser & Multi-Active Toner (around £22- £25 each- 250ml)


This are one of the more expensive brands, mainly used in salons, but they are available to buy from stockists for the general public. All of Dermalogica products are soap free, with no artificial colours or perfumes and are pH balanced, which are really good qualities to have as it means that it's very rare for people have an allergic reactions to them. The cleanser, is a cream, which removes all make-up, dirt and helps combat against sensitivity caused by pollution, cosmetic products, climate and other environmental factors. The multi-active toner, comes in a spray bottle, which you lightly spray over the face, it's a very fine mist and very refreshing! Best of all, it helps the skin lock in moisture better when moisturising. 


So there you have it! My favorite cleansers and toners.. what's yours?    

Neeks x

No comments:

Post a Comment