Tuesday 12 April 2016

When The Body Shop Brings You Argan Oil






Aloha!

Most of us have grown accustomed to the large array of so called 'miracle oils' that have flooded our beauty counters and there is one for every skin type, occasion and purpose. We have oils such as coconut, almond, hemp seed, jojoba, moringa, tea tree and even olive oil; all on a mission to to deliver the promise of having beautiful skin (and hair). Although, I have no doubt that these oils are beneficial, I do think it's easy to become swept up in the latest oil trend and have high expectations. So, argan oil. Is it just another fad? Or are they onto something... 

Argan oil was primitively, a tribal ingredient, found in Morroco before it exploded onto our shelves with numerous articles and adverts singing it's praises. But why argan oil? Why not coconut oil... or jojoba oil? I needed to find out and we all know the best way of doing so is to try it. Now, I know you can get the little tubes of argan oil at the til in Primark (for about £1!) but I felt like splashing out on this so I headed to The Body Shop, where I purchased the shower gel, body lotion, body scrub and not to my surprise they were on offer (The Body Shop always seem to have offers on). 

This soap-free shower gel gives you loadsa bubbles (v. important) and surprisingly a little goes a long way. After using it I felt very clean and it didn't dry out my skin or cause any irritation. I don't know how I would describe what argan oil smells like but it's unusual, not too sweet and almost edible. Basically, it's lush. 

I think when people hear 'oil' in a body lotion it can sometimes put them off as they feel it could be greasy or leave a residue or not absorb very well. This body lotion absorbs almost instantly, it leaves my skin feeling super soft, supple and even gives it a slight glow. It doesn't cause my clothes to cling and my skin feels hydrated and smooth. 

I've always been obsessed with The Body Shops body scrubs and this one was no exception. It's vigorous without being too harsh and easily lifts dead skin cells, whilst replenishing my skin; leaving it feeling revitalised. For some reason this didn't feel like I was using a regular body scrub, it felt like more of a treat and although it left a slight residue, it wasn't greasy at all. 

After using these products for a while I can definitely see what all the hype is about. The high vitamin E content and fatty acids are the science behind why this oil has immense hydration powers and the anti oxidants found in this oil also promote healing so this would be ideal for someone with very dry, irritated skin or even Eczema suffers. Furthermore, I tend to get odd blemishes on my shoulders but since using this soothing formula, it's barley noticeable. I've also noticed my legs are less irritated after a shave them which is great as it's something I've always battled with. My skin feels more supple and as argan oil increases skin elasticity, there's no reason why this couldn't benefit those with stretch marks or even promote anti aging. My verdict? Not a fad but a fabulous find.

Neeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment