Sunday 7 June 2015

June Birchbox




Aloha!

 Anyone who lives in the UK will know first hand how unpredictable British weather is. Put it this way, today I wore a simple vest and shorts combo but on Tuesday I was wearing a coat and battling the wind and rain with my umbrella. On this particular Tuesday, after a long day at work, I was walking myself home; determined to get into my warm PJ's. As I approached my front door I noticed a parcel had been left on my doorstep and, to my surprise, it was June 2015 Birchbox! It was so exciting because I thought I'd be receiving it later on in the month and this was just the pick me up I needed. 

This months Birchbox revolves around the Great British Summer. The box has been crafted with a summery 'French Sole' inspired design and has a cute toiletry bag to match. What I love most about Birchbox is every single month you get something completely different and a whole new theme. You also tend to get more sample sized high quality products as opposed to Glossybox who, in my experience, give you fewer products but more full sized items. I was subscribed to both but after umming and arring I've actually decided to let go of my Glossybox subscription. 

As I eagerly lifted the lid off the little box of treats the first item that caught my eye was the Yes To Cucumbers Facial Wipes. As well as the cucumber (well known for it's cooling properties) the wipes are also infused with Aloe Vera and Green Tea Extract. I used them to remove my make-up to see how effective they were and I actually found my make-up came off quite easily. I still washed my face afterwards but I think for those nights when you stumble in late, after a night out, or mornings when you're running late they'll come in handy. The next item I noticed was the Balance Me Super Moisturising Body Wash. This was a full sized item and it's very similar to the Simple Kind To Skin Body Wash in the way that they don't contain harsh chemicals. This one however uses naturally active ingredients such as Patchouli and Shea Butter to cleanse, hydrate and soften your skin. Now although I absolutely love Patchouli, I am quite particular when it comes to my shower gels but my boyfriend has also been using it and he thinks it's great.

I was also really excited to see the 'Sneak Peaks' I received which were the Stylondon Temporary Metallic Tattoos and the Mirenesse iCurl 24h Mascara. Okay so I'm a fan of tattoos anyway, I mean I have five of my own and one of my bezzies is a tattoo artist so obviously I thought these were a good idea. I've seen these transfers in magazines, Topshop, Urban Outfitters, Instagram but I've never actually bought them so was really pleased Birchbox included this. You get 6 in a packet, some gold and some silver, and I just think they'd be perfect at a concert or festival. The Mirenesse iCurl 24h Mascara came in a little card with instructions on the inside. The brush is very thin and curved which is supposed to deliver a 'wide-eyed beautiful dramatic lash lift & a curl that lasts'. I was interested to see if this would actually work so I used it the following day. I found the brush did separate and lengthen my lashes but it didn't give me quite enough volume and the design of the brush made application time longer. Overall I think it's a good mascara and does give a nice curl but I don't think I'd purchase a full sized one. 

The box also included No. 7 For Her 'English Laundry' perfume sample. Which is extremely feminine and sweet. There's a gentle hint of musk but dominantly floral. This is definitely my perfume taste, it has a fun and flirty scent which is light enough for every day use. I've saved my favorite sample til last and was so happy they sent two of these. It's the Beauty Protector Protect & Oil, a 'hair elixir with a difference'. Simply smooth into your locks for a super glossy finish that protects against UV rays and heat damage (you only need a few small drops). I am a huge fan of hair oil at the moment, especially as it's getting warmer because I want to keep my hair hydrated and protected. In the little description Birchbox rave about how nice this product smells and they could not be more right! It almost smells like warm caramel and throughout the day, every now and again, you'll get another waft of it (seriously it's amazing). 

So that concludes June 2015's Birchbox. I have to say I'm really pleased with what I got this month, what did you guys think? Did any of you fellow Birchbox subscribers get something different? Share with us.

Neeks 

No comments:

Post a Comment